Visonic’s PowerLink2 is the most comprehensive Internet-based solution for advanced home security and control. It enables alarm central stations, security service providers and homeowners to leverage the full power of Internet connectivity to take their home security, safety and automation to the next level.
At the most basic, PowerLink2 offers a plug and play broadband IP event notification solution. And, with connection to up to 12 cameras placed around the premises, PowerLink2 can expand to an IP-based video alarm verification solution offering smart recording and fast forwarding of events to the alarm central station.
IP-based Event Notifications
With more and more homeowners moving to VoIP communications, leaving behind PSTN lines, broadband becomes an ideal method for cost-free alarm event notifications delivery to central stations. Visonic's PowerLink2 Internet-based home control and surveillance system features built-in IP-based event notification capabilities. By simply plugging the PowerLink2 system into a free port on the home router, the alarm system is connected to the IP receiver at the central station – with no need to configure the system or the router. This provides a true plug and play experience for both the security installer and alarm central station. In addition, PowerLink2 provides a rapid supervision mechanism, enabling the central station to enjoy commercial-grade line supervision to all connected home security systems at zero cost.
Utilizing PowerLink2 as an IP-based event notification solution requires that Visonic's IPMP (IP Management Platform) be implemented as an IP receiver at the central station.
Image Alarm Verification the Right Way
As PowerLink2 is fully integrated with the PowerMax® home security system, it has the ability to send alarm time images based on real motion detection, which significantly reduces the cost to service providers and hassle to homeowners of
The system enables central stations to receive image alarm verification information within seconds of the alarm time compared to the several minutes it takes with GPRS or PSTN-based alarm verification solutions. Moreover, alarm time images can be forwarded to the homeowner's email or mobile phone for immediate view and verification. By the time the security service provider calls, the homeowner already knows if the person that activated the alarm is authorized to be there or is an intruder. This means that the police or a central station guard is sent to the premises only when truly necessary.
Enhanced Consumer Web Services
PowerLink2 is not only a broadband event notification solution but a full-grade service platform that enables service providers to offer enhanced, web-based security and surveillance services to their customers. Homeowners can login to the secure PowerLink2 web portal, accessible from all standard PC and mobile phone browsers, and via an easy-to-use interface control their home security system, view its status, control X-10 compliant home devices and view live and alarm time recorded video from wireless and wired IP cameras. In addition, homeowners can set up the system to notify them by email or mobile phone text message whenever security, home devices or camera events occur.
The PowerLink2 mobile interface is designed to be easily used with touch-screen mobile devices and any other mobile phones via their browsers. There is no need to install additional software.
PowerLink2 is offered with the Visonic IPMP - IP Management Platform. The IPMP serves as an IP receiver in alarm central stations as well as a full grade service platform for consumer web services. By implementing the IPMP, service providers gain full control over the PowerLink service, including account and service management, billing, messaging, and much more. PowerLink2 also allows service providers to remotely maintain and configure the PowerMax security system via the Visonic IPMP.
* Provides IP-based event notifications to alarm central stations via Visonic's IPMP (IP Management Platform)
* No router configuration required when used for IP-based event notification purposes
* Built-in secure end-user web portal accessible from all standard PC and mobile phone browsers
* Built-in mobile interface designed for touch screen mobile devices.
* Full control over the PowerMax home security system, including arm/disarm and status view of the system devices, and control of X-10 compliant home appliances
* Provides live and alarm time recorded video feeds from up to 12 cameras, with the ability to save an image for evidence
* Does not require any client software installation
* Does not require a fixed IP at the home premises
* End user event reporting via on-screen alerts, e-mail and mobile messages*
* Enables end users to access the PowerMax event log
* Offered as an internal module for PowerMaxPro, PowerMaxExpress and PowerMaxComplete
* Fully managed by Visonic's IPMP management platform
* Remote maintenance and configuration of the PowerMax security system via the IPMP
* Supports the following smart phones:
# Android based phones
# Nokia Symbian smart phones
# Windows Phone (with Opera browser only)
* Based on capabilities offered by the local service provider
GSM-350 is a cellular communication module that connects some of the PowerMax® systems to the alarm central station. The module can report via GPRS* data channel and/or through the GSM network. This enables a high-speed and highly-reliable communication channel in cases of line failure or tampering with the standard telephony lines.
In addition, it supports remote operation and event reporting via SMS. For any property without land-based telephone lines, the GSM-350 is a must-have. It extends the control panel functionality to any site, such as homes with VoIP-based telephony, anchored boats and isolated vacation houses.
The module is internal and fits in the PowerMax system, so no additional external elements are needed. The integrity of the backup communication channel is ensured through continuous monitoring.
GSM-350 Module Features:
* Supports three data channels – GPRS*, GSM and SMS – for high-speed and highly-reliable reporting
* Can be configured as a backup or primary reporting method
* Full event reporting
* Recommended for every home as a backup communication line in case of line failure or system sabotage
* Supports remote programming of the security system via the IPMP Management Platform or via dial-up over the GSM data channel
* Continuous monitoring of channel integrity and "signal loss" detection
* Supports SIA/IP, SIA and Contact ID monitoring protocols
* Support two-way voice communication
* Supports QUAD band frequencies for worldwide coverage
* Optional external antenna is available to enhance the GSM signal reception
* Works with PowerMaxPro, PowerMaxComplete and PowerMaxExpress GPRS-enabled control panels
*Requires a GPRS-enabled control panel